How to transfer Apps and Songs from iPod touch to iPad
You have some cool apps or favorite songs on iPod touch, and now you get the new iPad 5, you may want to transfer them from your iPod touch to the new iPad, and this step by step guide will show you how to do that with iTunes. This way works for both Windows system and Mac. It’s easy to understand, even you are computer newbie can handle with it.
If you want to watch video on iPad, here is a step by step guide how to put DVD movie and convert video to iPad.
Transfer Apps from iPod touch to iPad
- The first time you plug in your iPad to computer, iTunes will let you start the registration. Just follow iTunes’s guide, it’s easy to register iPad.
- After you finish registration, unplug the iPad and plug in your iPod Touch and make sure you have it backed up and synced. Just right-click the iPod Touch in iTunes and click on Back Up. You will see the progress at the top of iTunes when you backup your iPod apps.
- When the backup process has completed, go ahead and eject your iPod touch.
- Now connect your iPad to computer, click on Apps, and check the box next to Sync Apps then the Sync Apps button.
- And then you can select the apps you want to transfer from iPod touch to iPad and organize the pages.
- When you have the apps you want select, click sync and wait while the process completes. The amount of time it takes will depend on the amount of apps you want to transfer. That’s all. After it’s done syncing up you should be good to go. Just disconnect it and start using your apps on the iPad.
Transfer Songs from iPod to iPad
If the iPod songs are also on your iTunes library, you just need to sync your iPad with the iTunes, the songs will be moved to your iPad automatically.
If you buy songs on iTunes app on iPod touch directly, you can connect your iPod to computer, and then click iTunes ‘File -> transfer purchases’ to copy the songs from your iPod back to computer, and then re-sync the songs to your iPad.
If the songs are not on your iTunes, and also the songs are not purchased from iTunes store, like CD ripped songs, website downloaded songs, etc. You can use this iPod transfer to copy the songs from iPod to computer. It also has Mac version. I have scanned it with Norton protector, it’s safe without any viruses and spyware.
- Download and install the iPod Transfer for Windows, (file size:6.3 MB, download link), connect your iPod to computer, and then run the program. The iPod transfer will search the your iPod automatically; your iPod files (songs/movies/playlist/photos) will be shown in the list.
- Select the songs you want to transfer and click the Export button.
- After you click Export, it will pop up a window to let you choose where the songs you want to save. Select Export to iTunes and click OK, the program will start copying the songs, that’s all.
- The iPod Transfer for Mac (file size: 12 MB; download link ) is similar with the windows version, so I’m not repeat the steps here, I’m sure you can handle with it.